Australia / Remote • Permanent Full-time
Gridcognition provides advanced software to plan and optimise decentralised energy projects. Our software is used by large energy suppliers, energy project developers and technology providers, and large energy users.
We believe the future of energy is small, smart and clean, and that we can use software to accelerate decarbonisation and to help tackle climate change.
We’re a fast growing technology startup and we want to have a global impact. We are looking for smart, savvy and curious learners to join our distributed team and to help invent new technology to lead the world into a decentralised energy future.
A new role
Gridcognition is a fast-growing Enterprise SaaS business. Today, the two company founders are jointly responsible for supporting our early customers to use the Gridcognition software platform to develop models for distributed energy projects like virtual power plants, community energy systems, EV charging networks, and solar and storage solutions.
We are looking for the first key employee to be the start of a new Customer Success team. Our Success Coaches will assist prospective customers to trial the software, onboard new customers at the start of their contract, provide expert modelling support to customers as a professional service, respond to requests for support, and proactively engage customers to ensure they are getting value from our software.
Success Coaches will personally own a small customer book, enabling them to build relationships and experience with our customers, and will be a key component of our commercial results helping to retain and expand our customer contracts.
Success Coaches will also be a key driver of our product roadmap, acting as passionate advocate for customers and being the most expert users of our software.
- Experience in building executive-level customer relationships and managing numerous stakeholders within enterprise organisations
- Knowledge and working experience in the electricity industry or distributed energy sector
- Curiosity and personal interest in the energy system transition (we are passionate energy nerds, and you should be too)
- Very strong analytical skills with attention to detail and quality
- Very strong and professional communication skills (including chat and video)
- Experience working independently in a high-technology environment
- Experience building models in Excel, Tableau or Python will be highly regarded
- Customer-focused with a passion for enabling others to succeed and a commitment to follow-through
- Flexible and adaptable, and able to work in a startup environment where systems and processes are still evolving
Software engineers all work from their home office, and will join in daily stand-ups, weekly all-team sync-ups, fortnightly sprint planning and reviews, and continuous collaboration and mutual support through the day via online collaboration tools.
Staff based in Perth will have access to our in-person collaboration hub, and as we expand our footprint in other locations we plan to establish additional hubs.
We support ongoing professional development with time and budget provided for training and self-education. We aim to have yearly team retreats (where travel and covid-restrictions allow) so that the whole company can meet to build relationships and plan for the future.
If this position is of interest, please apply now