Australia / Remote • Permanent Full-time
Gridcognition provides advanced software to plan and optimise decentralised energy projects. Our software is used by large energy suppliers, energy project developers and technology providers, and large energy users.
We believe the future of energy is small, smart and clean, and that we can use software to accelerate decarbonisation and to help tackle climate change.
We’re a fast growing technology startup and we want to have a global impact. We are looking for smart, savvy and curious learners to join our distributed team and to help invent new technology to lead the world into a decentralised energy future.
- Experience in designing and building high-quality commercial web applications
- Customer focused and with some knowledge of UX and design
- Knowledge and working experience with our technology environment (mentioned below)
- Knowledge and working experience with automated testing and CI/CD tools and processes
- Solid foundation in software design, data structures and algorithms
- Highly desirable to have working experience with AWS
- Highly desirable to have security skills and training
- Nice to have experience with Python, data science, data engineering, and machine learning
- Able to work collaboratively in both in-person and remote work environments
- A growth mind-set, and some interest in the energy system transition
The front end of our product is built in React and Apollo Client. All of our infrastructure lives on AWS, and is provisioned using Serverless framework and Amplify. Our source code lives in GitHub, and we deploy our changes using GitHub Actions.
The API is a combination of custom Node.js Lambda functions made available through AppSync – a managed GraphQL API – and AppSync auto generated resolvers. Data is persisted through DynamoDB and S3. We use Batch and Fargate to execute long running resource intensive tasks. Testing is done with Jest for unit tests and Cypress for end-to-end tests.
Software engineers all work from their home office, and will join in daily stand-ups, weekly all-team sync-ups, fortnightly sprint planning and reviews, and continuous collaboration and mutual support through the day via online collaboration tools.
Staff based in Perth will have access to our in-person collaboration hub, and as we expand our footprint in other locations we plan to establish additional hubs.
We support ongoing professional development with time and budget provided for training and self-education. We aim to have yearly team retreats (where travel and covid-restrictions allow) so that the whole company can meet to build relationships and plan for the future.
If this position is of interest, please apply now.