Flexibility Markets Lead (Australia)
Australia / Remote • Flexible Full-time or Part-time
Gridcognition is a fast-growing software startup with a mission to accelerate the transition to a decentralised and zero-emissions energy system.
There will be trillions of dollars of investment in new energy resources over the coming decades as the energy system becomes decentralised, electrified, and zero-emissions. Gridcognition is here to help the people rolling out new energy resources to get both the best economic outcome for their stakeholders and the best environmental outcome to tackle the climate crisis.
If you are a recognised or emerging thought leader in Australia’s energy transition with a passion for renewable energy and flexible, decentralised energy resources then we are offering a customer-facing technical leadership role with purpose and opportunity.
As Gridcognition continues to expand into international energy markets you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other regional market experts such as yourself, learning how other regions and markets are tackling the energy transition.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer and working as part of a close-knit Customer Team, you will be Gridcognition’s Energy Market Specialist for Australia.
This will be a highly-visible and highly-varied role and will include working across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Services; being a public face for Gridcognition’s market expertise in Australia. You’ll also be closely engaged with the Product and Engineering Teams, helping to ensure Gridcognition’s software platform is meeting the evolving needs of the Australian market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead customer meetings and presentations in cooperation with other members of the Customer Team
- Be an expert user of Gridcognition’s software platform and work directly with selected customers to develop complex pre-project techno-economic models and post-project portfolio tracking models across virtual power plants, community energy systems, emobility solutions, hydrogen production systems, and renewables and storage projects.
- Interact, collaborate, listen, and provide thought leadership to customers across sales, account management, ongoing service delivery, and contract retention
- Lead Gridcognition’s engagement and advocacy with the key organisations leading energy policy and regulations in Australia
- Research and maintain expert knowledge of the changing technology and energy market landscape in Australia
- Support the Product and Engineering Teams with expert knowledge and advice and contribute to defining the product development roadmap and testing the platform
- Create thought-provoking content, engage with industry colleagues on social media, and present at public webinars and in-person events
You’ll have a fierce intellectual curiosity about the clean energy transition, and the role of new technology and new market participation models to help decarbonise Australia’s energy system (no gas led recovery here!).
You may come from a renewable engineering, energy markets, energy networks, or financial modelling background, but your knowledge and experience will integrate all of these areas; just like our software platform.
You will be a strategic thinker who is across the technical details, with the ability to collaborate, empathise, and educate.
You will also be an excellent communicator and a powerful and effective advocate for Gridcognition’s role in accelerating the energy transition.
This is a remote role open to candidates anywhere in Australia, and we are open to flexible full-time or part-time arrangements for the right candidate.
If this position is of interest, please apply now.