Australia / Remote • Flexible Full-time or Part-time
Gridcognition is a software startup with a mission to accelerate the transition to a decentralised and zero-emissions energy system.
There will be trillions of dollars of investment in distributed energy assets over the coming years and decades as the energy system becomes fully decentralised, fully electrified, and zero-emissions.
We’re here to help the people rolling out these new energy assets to get both the best economic outcome for their stakeholders and the best environmental outcome to tackle the climate crisis.
As we gear up for our next phase of growth, it’s time for a dedicated financial professional to join our dynamic, distributed team.
We are offering a remote role with flexible full-time or part-time working arrangements available.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will take over responsibility for managing the the company’s finances and you will be supporting the CEO with the operational management of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct all aspects of finance and accounting operations
- Support business planning; develop budgets and financial forecasts
- Support the CEO with capital financing requirements and fundraising processes
- Support the CEO with negotiating and contracting with strategic customers and suppliers
- Design and maintain dashboards to track the company’s performance
- Prepare regular management reports and board papers, and provide board presentations
- Engage and manage key external vendors (tax, accounting, payroll, insurance, legal, and book-keeping)
- Onboard new customers, suppliers, employees, and contractors
- Manage accounting and other finance-related IT systems
- Manage customer invoicing and payments
- Manage banking arrangements
- Manage payroll, superannuation, and insurance
- Manage ASIC, ATO, and shareholder reporting obligations
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Working experience in a startup environment preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory legislation and regulations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Economics
- Relevant Professional Qualification such as CA/CFA/CPA
- Hands on proficiency with financial management software
- Self-motivated, flexible, collaborative, and adaptable
- Strategically minded as well as high attention to detail
- Good communication skills, and strong commercial negotiator
If this position is of interest, please apply now.